Mortgage Application Document Checklist
You may be surprised by the long list of documents you need to provide to secure your home loan. We understand the home buying process can seem complicated, even a bit overwhelming. Our loan officers are always available to help you through the entire process. We are committed to making your home purchase, and the application process, as simple as possible.
Please go through the entire checklist below, and bring the documents listed to your application appointment. If you are completing your application online, be prepared to provide these home loan application documents as soon as each is requested.
- W-2 forms from the past 2 years
- Paycheck stubs from most recent full-month’s pay period
- Two years signed Federal tax returns (personal and business if applicable)
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet (if applicable)
- Residency information for the last two years (including your address(s), and if renting, landlord name and address for preceding 12 months)
- Social Security numbers for all borrowers.
- Two monthly statements (all pages) for all your most recent assets and bank accounts
- 401-K and other investment account documents
Miscellaneous (as applicable)
- Refinance – Provide a copy of the most recent property tax bill, prior title insurance commitment or policy, and current homeowner’s insurance declaration page
- Bankruptcy – Provide a copy of the documentation, including evidence of discharge and schedule of debtors
- Divorce – Provide a copy of recorded divorce decree and marital settlement agreement
- Judgment – Provide a copy of release/satisfaction
- Other real estate – Provide a listing of any other real estate owned
- Offer to purchase – Provide a copy of the accepted offer to purchase with all addendums and attachments
- Photo ID – Provide a government-issued photo ID for all borrowers
There may be other documentation needed if you are self-employed or only earn commissioned income. One of our mortgage financing experts can tell you more about it, and answer any questions you may have regarding the document checklist. Contact us today!
HAVE A QUESTION? Ask an Expert here!
If you are ready for a competitive home loan in the Madison, Wisconsin area, and you want prompt service —